8 Nov 2017
Holiday shopping shouldn’t be an anxiety-ridden activity to be avoided. It should be fun! Although it’s easy to sit behind the computer and click add to cart, little compares to the supporting small businesses, especially when it comes to customer service and knowing the quality of product you’re purchasing. What’s even better is shopping local with proximity to the beach and food! What do we mean? Well, in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, some of our favorite gift ideas are found right in our local restaurants! If you ask us, that’s a win for the both shopper and the recipient!
So, when you’re shopping in Coastal Alabama, don’t forget to check your favorite restaurant for branded clothing, unique products, edible goods, and more! Here are a few of our favorite items:
- Billy Claus, an adorable children’s book from Lucy Buffett’s LuLu’s
- Decadent cake from Rum Sister’s or Hope’s Cheesecake (you may want to grab or order one for yourself if you
- Hot sauce, salsa, or BBQ sauce from Pepper Palace
- Alabama-brewed beer from Speakeasy Spirits
- Home décor from The Gulf’s gift shop
- A pound of coffee from The Southern Grind
- A box of truffles from The Chocolate Corner
- Local photography and handmade mugs from Sea-n-Suds
- Sorghum molasses, BBQ sauce, or pure honey from Lambert’s Café
- Traditional jerky (beef, pork, turkey, pineapple) or exotic jerky (alligator, shark, elk, kangaroo) from Gulf Coast House of Jerky
Don’t forget about those gift cards to your favorite attractions, restaurants, and shops; they make great stocking stuffers!